ILST (Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops)
Tuscarora Council |
Fall 2022 ILST Training
Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops | For Scouts BSA Youth
Saturday, August 27, 2022
8:30a. – 2:00p.
Check-In Begins at 8:30a. - Course Starts at 9:00a. Sharp
- Who: Every Scout in a Troop who currently holds (or will soon hold) a leadership position, including all elected positions and any appointed positions at the discretion of the Senior Patrol Leader. In some Troops, this might mean that this course is for every Scout!
- What: Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST)
- When: Saturday, August 27, 2022
- Time: 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Where: Camp Tuscarora (965 Scout Rd, Four Oaks, NC 27524)
- Cost: $15, includes course materials and lunch.
Deadline to register and pay is August 19, 2022. (A $10.00 late fee will be applied to any registrations received after that date.
The purpose of the ILST course is to teach Scouts in leadership positions about their roles and how to most effectively reach success in that role. It is intended to help youth leadership within Troops understand their responsibilities and to equip them with the organizational and leadership skills needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
ILST is the first course in the series of leadership training offered to Scouts and is a prerequisite to National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT). This course provides tools and resources to do a better job of conducting a true youth-led Troop and emphasizes the power of the patrol method.
Registration must be completed online.
With Questions or for more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-734-1714.